Hello and Merry Everything! For the 25 days leading up to Christmas we are doing our own version of an Advent Calendar. I wanted to get this post out early so you could prepare before December 1st. We are so excited to start!
Here’s the idea… purchase or make your own advent calendar – there are SO many out there! The one I purchased is from Target (duh) for $29.99. Then come up with a list of 25 special activities (one per day) you can do to celebrate the season of giving!
Here’s the list we came up with, use some or all if you want, but make it special for your family.
1. Bake Christmas Cookies
2. Write a letter to Santa
3. Make a special Christmas Tree Ornament
4. String popcorn and cranberry garland and hang outside for the birds
5. Cut, decorate and hang snowflakes
6. Drive around and look at Christmas lights (<—last year we stopped at Dairy Queen and got chocolate malts to enjoy on our drive!)
7. Have a Christmas Movie Night!
8. Buy mittens and donate for the mitten tree at church
9. Make a special present for Grandmas and Grandpas
10. Have a picnic lunch by the Christmas tree
11. Buy and donate treats for dogs and cats at a shelter
12. Visit Santa
13. Buy and donate a toy for a child in need
14. Make and send Christmas cards
15. Decorate a gingerbread house
16. Go on a moonlit winter walk
17. Have a red and green dinner
18. Go sledding and have cocoa
19. Meet Daddy for lunch
20. Put on a Christmas concert
21. Go ice skating and have cocoa
22. Buy and wrap a gift or each other (<—- Aedan and Audrey)
23. Make Christmas Soup
24. Read The Night Before Christmas and set out a plate of cookies for Santa and Reindeer
25. Celebrate, Cherish, Enjoy! Merry Christmas!!!